An Overview Of Our Louisburg Practice
At The Law Office of Jeffrey Scott Thompson, PLLC, we provide aggressive yet personable representation to clients throughout Franklin County and the surrounding communities. We value the relationship we build with each and every client, and our lawyers work to provide long-term legal solutions to achieve our clients’ specific goals. Contact us today to schedule a confidential consultation.
As experienced attorneys, we provide skilled counsel and representation in a variety of matters, including:
- Traffic violations: We work closely with individuals who have been charged with violating North Carolina’s traffic laws, from speeding to reckless driving. We help people get their licenses reinstated after suspension or revocation, and we defend commercial vehicle operators with regard to CDL violations, including equipment and overloading violations. To learn more, please see our traffic violations page.
- DUI/DWI: We aggressively protect the rights of people who have been arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated or driving under the influence. We work hard to minimize or prevent accumulations of insurance and driving record points, and we seek to minimize fines associated with these charges. See our DUI/DWI page for more information.
- Divorce and family law: We handle many matters related to or arising out of a divorce, including child custody, visitation and child support. We negotiate, review and prepare separation agreements, as well as prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. We represent men and women in domestic violence actions. Additionally, we help stepparents, grandparents and others in all matters related to adoption. For more information, visit my family law page.
- General criminal law: We advocate for clients who have been charged with misdemeanors or felonies, from property crimes and juvenile offenses to sex crimes and murder. Go to our criminal defense page for more information.
- Estate planning, estate administration and probate: We also work closely with individuals and families who need to plan for the distribution of assets upon death, or who need assistance taking the estate of a loved one through probate. We review and draft all documents necessary to establish and implement an effective estate plan, including wills, trusts, powers of attorney and health care directives. We provide counsel throughout the probate process, helping you compile an inventory of assets, pay all final debts of the estate, satisfy any tax obligations and distribute assets according to the terms of the will.
- Personal injury: We assist victims of auto accidents (including car crashes, motorcycle accidents, boat accidents and drunk driving crashes) seek compensation for injuries. In addition, we are experienced in products liability and premises liability (slip and fall or trip and fall) cases, medical malpractice issues (whether involving a doctor, nurse, surgeon, physician, anesthetist or pharmacy), dog bite cases, wrongful death claims, and nursing home abuse claims. Although protecting your legal interests may not be foremost in your considerations as you heal or grieve the death of a loved one, you can rely on us to preserve your claims and pursue the compensation you deserve. We offer a free initial consultation for personal injury clients so we can discuss your potential claim.
- Bankruptcy: We help people in Franklin County and the surrounding communities get debt relief, whether through Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy. We can assess your debt situation and help you choose the path that is right for you. Every situation is different, and our attorneys can explain your options for discharging debt and making a financial fresh start.
- Landlord/tenant matters: Our attorneys provide skilled legal counsel in all matters related to renting, leases and landlord/tenant disputes. From lease and contract review to eviction notices and premises liability concerns, we can advise and represent you to protect your rights and interests. We handle residential and commercial disputes between landlords and tenants.
For experienced and approachable representation in Franklin County and the surrounding communities in North Carolina, contact our office to set up a confidential consultation. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover and can process payments over the phone.